An Aggressive Illinois Criminal Defense Attorney
Have you been accused of committing a crime? Don’t let the prosecution bully you around. Stand up for your rights, beginning by hiring a dedicated criminal defense attorney who will represent you forcefully in the face of prosecution accusations.
I have more than 25 years of experience serving Pekin clients in criminal cases, providing aggressive representation with proven results.
Ensuring your freedom
I am devoted to protecting my clients’ freedom. I strongly challenge prosecution efforts to prove their case, and do everything in my power to avoid conviction or reduce any sentence that might be imposed. I’ve been around long enough to know that witnesses may lie on the stand, crime scenes can be tampered with and police officers can make mistakes. I personally speak with witnesses to ensure that they are telling the whole truth. I can examine the alleged crime scene thoroughly, searching for evidence that can help prove your innocence. I also pore over police records and bring in experts to challenge the prosecution’s theories.
Nothing is more important than your freedom. If you need a defense attorney who is dedicated to your case, contact me, Dale Thomas, today.
Protecting your innocence and rights to a fair trial
I have represented clients in a wide range of criminal matters, including:
- Felonies — If you have been charged with a felony, it is essential that you retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to zealously defend you in court. Felonies are the most serious crimes — such as murder, rape, armed robbery, credit card fraud and burglary. Felony convictions also have the most serious consequences. A person convicted of a felony is sentenced to serve at least one year in a state or federal prison, and may be committed for life. In addition, convicted felons are stripped of many of the rights guaranteed to American citizens, including the right to vote, the right to travel out of the country and the right to own a gun. Convicted felons also have to disclose their crimes on job applications and can be deported if they are not American citizens. How your felony charge is defended can make the difference in the quality of life you experience going forward. I have more than 25 years of experience handling felony charges, and will commit to attaining the best possible outcome for you.
- Misdemeanors — Misdemeanors are crimes such as disorderly conduct, simple assault, shoplifting and trespassing that are punishable by less than a year in prison. Although misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, having a misdemeanor conviction on your criminal record can limit your employment options and can result in a jail sentence. Ensure that you receive a fair trial by letting me represent you.
- Motor vehicle offenses — If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license, or vehicular manslaughter, I can help. I also assist you if you need to get your driver’s license restored or fight traffic tickets.
- Drug crimes — Charges of trafficking, distributing or possessing illegal substances or drug paraphernalia can result in heavy fines and extended time in jail. You can rely on my knowledge of criminal law and my history of successful results to help eliminate or minimize the charges against you.
- Sexual offenses — Rape and sexual assault cases are often among the hardest for defendants to win. I have the experience, skills and strategies to successfully litigate these cases. Contact me today.
- Sealing and expungement of records — A criminal record can prevent you from pursuing higher education, securing your dream job or traveling abroad. I can help you get past criminal charges removed from your record, or get those records sealed so that you can move on with your life.
Don’t delay, contact Dale Thomas in Pekin today
When your freedom is on the line, choose a criminal defense attorney with the experience and dedication to make a difference. Call me at 309.346.LAWS (5297) or contact me online to schedule an obligation-free consultation. With offices conveniently located in Pekin, Illinois, immediately opposite the Tazewell County Courthouse, I stand ready to represent you in any criminal matter.